REVIEW: Spiderman No Way Home

Jonah Kim, Copy Co-Editor

After almost 3 years of waiting and speculation, Tom Holland finally made his return to the big screens as Peter Parker in “Spider-Man: No Way Home” this holiday season. Bringing in close to $600 million worldwide, the film had the third biggest worldwide launch ever behind two other Marvel movies. The Marvel formula proved successful again with a charismatic, action-packed and witty Spider-Man.

However, talking about the movie without revealing any spoilers is difficult. While it may seem like the trailer reveals a lot, it barely scratches the surface of what the film has to offer. For one, Spider-Man’s identity being revealed to the world creates an interesting dynamic between Peter Parker and the world around him. While there is a lot of fighting supervillains and saving the world, Peter and his friends struggle for a while in their new lives. 

While that is a main focus of the trailer, it is also impossible not to discuss the involvement of the multiverse. Whenever Dr. Strange is involved, things are bound to get interesting, and this time, he brings back Spider-Man villains from the early 2000s. Seeing iconic characters like Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock in the MCU was so cool and fulfilled everything Spider-Man fans have ever wanted.

I also think that Tom Holland feels the most like a real Spider-Man in this movie. While in prior movies, he always seemed like part of a team and going through a lot of high school problems, in “No Way Home,” Holland truly takes on the role of Spider-Man.

While the last third Spider-Man movie was an abomination and set the bar low, this third movie definitely makes up for what “Spider-Man 3” did wrong. Utilizing the classic Marvel formula, “Spider-man: No Way Home” is definitely a must watch.